3D Modeling for Mechanical Design
SOLIDWORKS Essentials course teaches you how to use the SOLIDWORKS mechanical design software to build parametric models of parts and assemblies, and how to make drawings of those parts and assemblies.
This course is fully practical; it relies on a step-by-step guide to build strong software awareness through real examples.
WHY YOU NEED THIS COURSE?
SOLIDWORKS is the most commonly used CAD platform among the mechanical engineering industries.
By completing this course, you will be able to:
- 3D Model real-world products, machines, tools, etc.
- Stand out from the crowd and master a very common CAD platform.
- Enhance your opportunity to build a successful career in: Industrial Design, Mechanical Design, Product Design, Mechatronics Engineering, and product development.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
- Introduction to 3D Modeling World
- SOLIDWORKS Modules Overview
- Software Interface
- Options and Documents Settings
- Creating and editing 2D sketches
- 3D Features, common part modeling features; Extrude, Revolve, Sweep, Loft
- Design acceleration tools; Patterns and Mirrors
- Making and Using assembly files
- Dealing with and using toolbox components; Gears, Bearing, Fasteners, etc.
- Making and using drawing files
- Exporting and sharing files with the world
After completing this course participants shall be able to:
- Understand and deal with the common CAD files in the mechanical design market.
- Build SOLIDWORKS part files from scratch.
- Make and deal with assembly files.
- Build engineering drawing files from scratch and export it to related parties.
- Understand important methods of analyzing part and assembly files.
- Exporting several CAD files to meet different industry applications.
IS THIS COURSE FOR YOU?
This course will be especially beneficial for you if you are:
- A fresh grad from an engineering faculty
- An Industrial Designer
- Mechanical Design Engineer
- CAD Technician, Draftsman, or Machinist
- No. of Days: 8 Days, 2 sessions per week
- Days: Mondays & Wednesdays
- Total Hours: Around 24
- Session Duration: 3 hours from 6 PM to 9 PM.
- No. of Attendees: 20 – 25
Mohammad El-Sabbahy is a Solidworks Trainer since 2015. He has worked with participants from different backgrounds and industries; Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics, and Structure Engineering.
He has 12+ years of experience working in local and multinational companies developing new products in multiple fields; Home Appliances, Plastics, Hardware Products, Steel Structure, and Sheet metal. Currently, Mohammad is an R&D Manager for Hardware products at Nile University, I-D Tech. He is also a former R&D Lead, and designer of various products and projects for many companies, clients, and partners across the globe; Egypt, the Middle East, Europe, China, and Singapore.
Moreover, he is a member of the Product Development and Management Association (PDMA), Certified Solidworks Professional Mechanical Design, Certified Solidworks Professional Advanced Drawing Tools Solidworks Champion.